An unusual destination
Let's be straight—everybody is happy to come to Nîmes! 300 days of sunshine each year, 2000 years of history, of hospitality, of art and talent. Access is easy and facilities are suitable. The city has rare privileges and precious assets!
Nîmes is not a town like the others. Set where Provence, the Languedoc, the Cévennes mountains and the Camargue converge, its character is very varied. Deeply Roman and resolutely contemporary, it achieves a unique harmony of Camargue passion, Provencal warmth and the strictness of the Cévennes.
A town of colours, scents and delicacies, Nîmes gives you a warm welcome. It gives you its rigour, its character and its touch of fantasy—the essential ingredients for the success of your event.
The Communauté d'Agglomération Nîmes Métropole exerts strong attraction and displays excellent economic vitality.
More than 7500 businesses have been created in less than four years. In brief, the Nîmes economic sector has:
• a population of nearly 150,000,
• 13,000 students in 2013,
• agrifood (Perrier, Royal Canin, Saint-Mamet), the nuclear industry (COGEMA, CEA), metrology (CEREM-LNE, Centre Régional d'Etalonnage et de Métrologie – National Test Laboratory), growing activity in biotechnologies and logistic platforms.
• wine growing (Costières de Nîmes, vins de pays du Gard, Côtes du Rhône Gardoises),
• A leading university hospital,
• 3 motorways, high-speed TGV trains serving the centre of the city and 3 airports linking Nîmes to the major European cities.